Product Manager - Editor Experience
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Product Manager for the Editor Experience team, you will work on the heart of our design tool— typography/fonts, vector graphics, layout, import/export, as well as the overall UI for the entire editor. This is a broad scope and it covers a huge portion of what makes Figma a beloved tool by so much of the design community.
As PM for the Editor Experience team, you will become an expert in how designers work every day, and bring that learning back to the team. You will advocate for fixing the tiny things that make a difference, such as details of how graphics work, as well as big bets on where the design industry might be heading in the future.
And because Figma is used by so many of the leading software companies, you will be in a unique position to advance the state of the art for how UX design in our entire industry works.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Develop a strategy to guide the core features of Figma given the thousands of different ideas that people have for how Figma could improve.
- Work with your team to explore new, innovative feature ideas that advance the state of the art in design.
- Do all the things you’d expect in a PM, like driving planning and prioritization, defining and tracking key metrics, collaborating on marketing, messaging, positioning, and go-to-market plans
- Work closely with other editor PMs on projects like interoperability with Figma & FigJam, community integrations with the editor, extending plugin functionality, and more.
Some projects you could work on:
- Improving auto layout to make it more powerful while simplifying the UI
- Mapping out an accessibility strategy, which may include improvements to the Figma UI(contrast, keyboard navigability, etc.) as well as tools to help people generate accessible content as they do their own work
- Exploring concepts for how a next generation Figma UI might work
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience with design tools.
- Have deep user empathy and are able to build relationships with key customers.
- Can balance user research, data analysis, your team’s input, and your instincts in the decision making process.
- Take a proactive approach to building relationships with other teams
- Have an affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and get-it-done personality
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The collaborative design interface tool