Senior Product Manager Wearables
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Spotify is looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive the product offering in the Smartwatch and Wearables space. Are you passionate about changing the way how music, podcasts and audiobooks should work on smartwatches and other wearables? Are you a results-oriented, forward-thinking, product driver wanting to change how we listen to audio on the go, working with some of our largest partners to influence the devices of the future? Are you passionate about understanding technology and working around its limitations to challenge the status quo and bring the best Spotify experience to wearables? Then this is the job for you!
Smartwatches are the most personal devices we own. To the world they project our individual fashion aesthetic, brand affinity, and active interest in our health. These devices have become our first glance for notifications and, in the Spotify world, the go-to device for lightweight app interactions and bringing audio with you to the running track for moral support. Devices, batteries and voice support are rapidly improving and are allowing for more advanced interactions. We are seeing a whole new interaction pattern being established that can drastically reduce friction and make life more enjoyable for users that just want Spotify going, fast and easily.
In this role you will be responsible for driving the vision and strategy within our Wearables team. You will be working with a team consisting of highly hardworking PM, engineers, designers and analysts. You will have close collaboration with some of the largest tech companies in the world when they are pushing the boundaries on what is possible to do with watches and wearables. Your work will have a direct impact on the everyday music experience of a user base equivalent to a smaller nation. We are expecting you to help us grow this to a large-sized nation of dedicated music lovers and beyond!
What you’ll do
- Provide product thought leadership to the sophisticated space of wearables and how to translate the Spotify offering to these devices in a scalable and fast way
- Own the vision, product strategy and roadmap on the future of Spotify on wearables to be shared and executed upon our teams and the larger company
- Working with some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands to influence their strategic direction to rethink how audio could be consumed on the go and bring the best of Spotify to the world.
- Set and follow metrics that advise us of the success of the products and their impact on the Spotify ecosystem and users.
- Partner with PMs, design insights and engineering teams on the design, implementation, delivery and adoption of Spotify Wearable apps ensuring that the full end to end experience is top notch.
Who You Are
- You have many years of experience from several successful deliveries of high quality consumer experiences, preferably in the Wearables space.
- Highly capable of formulating, collaborating and communicating product vision and strategy, whether it be to your team, to senior partners or Silicon Valley tech companies.
- Experience in strategic collaboration with large tech partners and an ear to the ground with regards to what is happening in Silicon Valley and the market in general.
- Experience from mentoring and growing high performing teams and product managers.
- You are a senior product manager used to sophisticated development and understand the limitations HW puts on SW.
- You are driven, but with a collaborative attitude. “You don’t win unless your team wins”.
- You are open to travel.
- You are an excellent communicator in English, whether it be in words or in writing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Listening is everything.