Product Manager - Platform
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re currently in search of a technically-inclined Product Manager or Sr. Product Manager to help scale the Pendo platform teams, focused mostly on helping platform engineering make difficult trade-offs while ushering new capabilities into production. We're looking for a Product Manager who is not only passionate about building and shipping great products but also passionate about ensuring we architect our solutions for scale and adaptability as our business grows. We are looking for someone who has an engineering background and is looking to get into product management or a seasoned product manager who also has an engineering background. You’ll be providing value beyond internal stakeholders or other developers: we’re looking for a PM that can balance customer needs, stakeholder needs and developer needs.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Understand the high level strategic vision of Pendo well enough to make the appropriate short and long term trade-offs across different products.
- Effectively manage and set expectations across different types of stakeholders: customers (externally), leadership, our product managers and Pendo developers (internally).
- Have skills in dependency management, team blockage removal and process health.
- Ability to solve problems that are traditional computer science problems around scale, maintainability and architectural design.
- Obsess over accurate and concise communication of your services so that users and developers (internally or externally) can action quickly. If you had to step in and write API documentation to unblock your team(s), this should be possible.
- “Lead from behind” -- you should love to make others successful and demonstrate enthusiasm when teams that utilize your services are successful.
- You’re a builder -- you must enjoy being in the weeds with your team(s).
- Be mindful of tendencies to over-architect solutions that customers or stakeholders don’t really need in the first place.
- Partner with CTO, Engineering Management and Senior Engineers on architecture early and often when researching new initiatives or major refactors.
- Experience partnering with software engineers and front-end developers and prioritize between new features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
- Define clear outcomes that measure business impact.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or MBA, or equivalent in experience.
- Some amount of experience in product management is preferred but not required.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution, as well as a strong understanding of software development management methods.
- Ability to synthesize complex internal needs across the company while considering both customer value and future growth.
- Strong analytical skills to make data-driven decisions with ability to query data from various systems to solve problems and experience in one or more data analysis tools
- Experience with testing, automation technologies and building aspects of software development.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Elevate the world’s experience with software