Senior Product Manager, Observability
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re hiring a Senior Product Manager to help drive our Observability mission: ensure the right customer data reaches the right destinations through a transparent, debuggable pipeline they trust. You’ll lead our portfolio of observability products to give customers visibility into their (literally billions) of events flowing through Segment. You’ll partner with customers and internal teams alike to simplify monitoring and debugging complex data pipelines. You’ll be working with an incredibly hardworking team of product managers, engineers, designers, and more to bring your products to life.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a strategic problem solver with a strong product sense and are obsessed with making and proving business impact. You’re able to distill a lot different signals into a clear plan of action in the face of ambiguity to build the right product.
- You can translate between the technical details, customer problems, and business impact of the team’s work.
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on what customers need to see from our products, to spec-ing a feature with a partner, you’re able to clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You can build highly leveraged products that can be used as the cornerstone for customers and internal teams alike.
- You’re not shy about diving in deep with engineering, the customer, or stakeholders.
- You can inspire and run a tight ship, prioritizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
- You thrive in and will grow a positive culture of inclusivity.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Unique opportunity to re-envision how customers monitor and debug their 1,000,000,000,000+ (yep, that’s a trillion) data points flowing through Segment each month.
- Thousands of engaged, happy customers who want to partner with you to drive impact on their day-to-day lives.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems.
- The opportunity to grow into managing multiple products across cross cutting teams over time.
- Significant autonomy to ship incredibly high impact, revenue-generating products.
- A rocket ship of company growth from both Segment and Twilio.
- 4+ years of product management and technical experience.
- Experience collaborating directly with customers to empathize with their problems and drive impact.
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- A solid understanding of how to collaborate effectively with engineers and designers.
- Ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Bonus points (preferred qualifications):
- A love for data and the need for data quality (after all, what good is bad data?).
- Deep technical experience debugging and monitoring production systems.
- You are a Segment user and champion. You are familiar with our product and have seen it drive key business results and transformational change at companies.
- Experience as an engineer, data analyst, or technical project manager.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
#1 CDP to manage customer data